Our Maryland and Our Maryland Education Fund
State Director Position
This position provides a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to lead a new and important effort to strengthen civic engagement across issues and constituencies in Maryland. Launched during the spring of 2017, Our Maryland (c4) and Our Maryland Education Fund (c3) (hereafter Our Maryland) now comprise the largest online platform for lifting progressive voices across the state. Our Maryland is affiliated with the national ProgressNow network, which provides technical and peer support.
This is a full-time position tasked with overseeing digital operations, programming and finances. Promoting the mission and work of Our Maryland with existing and new donors, as well as partners and other stakeholders, will comprise a significant part of the State Director’s time and responsibility.
- Manage day-to-day aspects of the organization including gathering/generating/recording/posting relevant content on Our Maryland’s Facebook, Twitter, Website and Instagram sites; messaging, rapid response, media relations, fundraising, administration, and board development
- Develop, oversee, and implement a strategic plan including earned, social, and paid media
- Serve as a media contact and spokesperson, and work to develop and promote additional voices to speak on behalf of the organization and issues
- Work effectively with the board of directors to develop financial budgets and diversified fundraising plans and to oversee their implementation
- Engage in and oversee fundraising efforts with the board president and other board members to meet the goals of semi-annual fundraising plans and quarterly benchmarks
- Ensure finance and other reports are filed timely and accurately
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors, political and non-profit leaders, national partners, and other stakeholders of the organization
- Three years or more experience in digital communications and public relations, including social, earned and paid media and serving as a spokesperson speaking on-the-record
- Three years or more experience with politics, organizing and/or issue advocacy
- Proven experience with fundraising, relationship management and financial administration
- Creative, dynamic and engaging personality, can work independently and inspire a team
- Strong sense of political strategy and judgment, adapts quickly to a changing environment
- Organized, attention to detail, holds self and others accountable to timelines and performance
- Excellent verbal, written, computer/online and interpersonal communication skills
Compensation: Range: $60-80,000
To apply, please send resume and cover letter by July 31, 2019, to Larry Ottinger, Board Chair of Our Maryland, at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and references will be required before an offer for the position will be made.
We promote equal opportunity and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.